On 7/30/2011 12:46 AM, Lorenzo Donati wrote:
On 29/07/2011 14.56, KHMan wrote:
On 7/29/2011 7:47 PM, Lorenzo Donati wrote:
On 27/07/2011 23.10, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
[snipped all]
So there must be some strange combination of compiler flags in the
standard makefile that makes GCC do the wrong thing for %lld in
printf.

I also checked with DependencyWalker that test.exe uses the same
runtime (only msvcrt.dll). So it seems that it isn't msvcrt's
fault either.
[snip]

Adding -D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO into SYSCFLAGS in the Makefile
will give
the proper 'll' result, after fixing the LUA_WIN defines in
luaconf.h to
include LUA_USE_LONGLONG. This pulls in a more complete *printf
from
mingwex.

That worked! Thank you very much KHman!

I already tried the LUA_USE_LONG_LONG path, but alone it wasn't
enough.

Just for reference I attach a patch with the mods that worked for me.

BTW I wonder if this issue is going to be fixed in some way in
5.2.0. Lua team hasn't commented on the subject so I wonder
whether it is considered a bug to be squashed in the official
distro, or it is to be viewed simply as a "platform idiosyncrasy"
to be coped with downstream.

We'll have to wait a little, the list is usually a lot slower near weekends.

I've done too little MinGW binary maintenance to offer a useful opinion on the best solution. I think we need to hear from people who distribute MinGW binaries with Lua inside 'em.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)