Hi all,

I did some load tests on a lua program (a *C* program that uses different Lua VMs, each on its own thread) and I've seen memory increasing to around 1Gb (possibly my Window's memory limit or something), and then falling quickly to 64Mb or so.

I've been looking at the LuaFAQ but I couldn't find an appropriate answer, so here I go:

a) Can I limit the max memory a Lua VM uses? How?

b) If my C program serves "requests", shall I...

  b.1) Invoke lua_gc(L, LUA_GCCOLLECT) after each request?
  b.2) b.1 is too heavy, I whould do the same with LUA_GCSTEP
  b.3) I shouldn't modify GC default settings.
  b.4) Call lua_gc with LUA_GCCOLLECT after X requests served

Thanks in advance,
Antonio