David Manura wrote:
> I suppose the optimizer could recognize the adjacent sin/cos calls in
> the IR and merge them to fsincos.  If compiling sincos to SSE2, you
> might need a library like http://gruntthepeon.free.fr/ssemath/ .

I don't think fsincos is worth the bother. In the long term I want
to get rid of all x87 instructions and replace them with SSE2
library functions. But I've not found any such library, yet.

It must be under the right kind of license, it must be optimized
for SSE2, it must return results with full accuracy and it
shouldn't use huge tables. Oh, and it better be faster than the
microcoded x87 instructions, too. A tall order, I know.

--Mike