http://code.google.com/p/lualibusb1/
http://www.libusb.org/wiki/libusb-1.0

Builds against libusb 1.0.8 for Lua 5.1 or 5.2. Should work in Linux, *BSD, and MacOSX. If you dare, the development branch of libusb has support for Windows.

I managed to overlook Jérôme Vuarand's library.
http://hg.piratery.net/luausb/
It may or may not be worth merging the projects. I haven't looked at much of his code, but it appears that he only implemented the synchronous interface. (I'm not entirely blind. The link was only added to the libusb page 5 days ago.)

There's also a much older binding for the obsolete libusb 0.1.12.
https://github.com/LuaDist/lualibusb

--
- tom
telliamed@whoopdedo.org