Hi
    I'm new to the Lua C interface and wonder if comeone can suggest
the best Lua idiom to receive a boolean parameter into a C function?

I was hoping for something like:

int self_destruct( lua_state *L )
{
   bool are_you_sure = luaL_checkboolean( L, 1 );

but luaL_checkboolean doesn't exist. Of course, it couldn't fail with
a type error, because nil and false are false, while true and
everything else are true, but do I really have to check the type of
the parameter and check for nil and false explicitly, with some garply
like:

  bool are_you_sure = ! ( lua_isnil( L, 1 ) || (lua_isboolean( L, 1 )
&& ! lua_toboolean( L, 1 ) );

or is there a cleaner way?

Cheers