> the scrypt utility, but it does not contain a standalone library,
> though it seems that one could be extracted without much work.

I'll try and write one. I'm not very experienced with writing Lua C
bindings yet so it seems like a good excuse to learn.

It appears that I'll need to wrap the functions "calibrate" for
setting memory and processor costs and "crypto_scrypt". Additionally,
as I want to use this for password hashing, I'll need to decide what
random source to use for salting, and whether this functionality
should be included in the shared object, a higher level, or excluded.