> Prosody's source (grep for pbkdf in util/)

Thanks, just looked. I think if go with PBKDF2 though, I would
re-implement using bit.bxor from LuaJIT instead of a pure Lua binary
xor function.
SCrypt is probably my 1st choice and BCrypt my 2nd choice though based
on what I've read.

[1] http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2009-05-09-scrypt-key-derivation.html