On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 02:52:39PM -0400, Dave Collins wrote:
> > Could you please refrain from hijacking existing threads? You do that for the 3-rd time already.
>
> Apologies, but how did I do that???
>
> I sent an email to lua-l@lists.lua.org, with a descriptive subject, exactly like I'm supposed to.
>
> I see nothing in my email that has anything to do with another thread.

The usual mistake is to click "Reply" rather than composing a brand new
mail using the "Compose" or "New" buttons.  We can tell you're thread
hijacking because the meta data used by many mail clients to do
discussion threading only gets included for messages you are replying
to; fresh mails don't get that information.

(Check the sources of your messages for In-Reply-To: and Message-ID:
headers.)

B.