I just swapped from BBEdit/TextWrangler to Macrabbit's Espresso, using a slightly modified version of this syntax hilighting module to detect Lua embedded in HTML -- http://fileability.net/coffee/sugar/Lua

It can be a little quirky, but you have much more fine grained control over the syntax colouring (using CSS), and it has useful and customisable autocomplete/expansions, although does not learn your own function names and offer to autocomplete them like BBEdit does (in some cases). However there's also other apps:

http://tuppis.com/smultron
http://www.el34.com/
http://macromates.com/