Hi there,

I read somewhere that the Lua-av team received advice from the Lua core team to use coroutines in their multimedia project to emulate multi-threading. I am wondering if the same advice would hold in the given scenario:

The Lua state processes a single operation at a time (no concurrency). Example of such operations (for the same Lua state) can be:
  1. Receive message from network ===> update state ==> post reply
  2. Receive notification from OS (file changed, mdns discovery, etc)
  3. Receive a command from GUI (redraw window, mouse event, keyboard event, etc)
  4. Trigger function from scheduler (pthread based timer)

                                                               Gaspard