> I was thinking about modifying Lua to execute
> memory accesses via proxy
> (read/write memory) functions, but I stopped. It
> would be quite a bit of
> effort and I'd simply be going against the flow
> here. More and more MCUs
> with 128k of internal RAM are getting on the
> market now and the trend is
> ascending.
Bogdan, yes this is exactly what I am missing here. To have the
stuff outsourced to an external device via a proxy c-functions.. The
128kB of ram is not enough either (I have it now handy). I would
target ~few Mbytes at least to be happy. On the other hand - an
implementation of an additional abstraction layer between VM and
memory (in order to use such proxy function) would be a nice R&D
topic :).. And useful as well.. imo