Also I have a simple program http://pastebin.com/MyK5jiAX taken from a tutorial on the web (I realise it has no error checking ...) it doesn't compile, I have the LUA 5.1 source (all *c & *.h) plus the program above and it produces the following http://pastebin.com/TdjHRbdK when compiled, as far as I can tell this should not be happening (it not finding every LUA function called) since the LUA library is being compiled and liked with it.

Thanks again ...

--
Jason White - Python & C++ Programmer and Electronics Hobbyist