I haven't seen such message (I restrict myself to luajit), but probably dependancy walker can help you there (though not going to if there is statically linked stuff).

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Open your main exe there, press F7, provide arguments, and you might be able to track down how many lua*.dll are there.

Alternatively use SysInternansl ProcExp or NirSoft's CurrProcess (you can google them), and if you are able to somehow stop your app before it's killed (quick Ctrl+S when it prints :)) - then you can also see what DLL's are loaded there (in ProcExp press Ctrl+D)

Furthermore to see what really the file I/O is doing, you can use ProcMon. Press Ctrl+L. Make an application filter on say "lua" (any app that contain lua), include it in the filter and start capturing.

It's a bit like dtrace on unix systems.