On 7/12/2011 1:33 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
I built the rc7 interpreter from source on mingw for  Windows Vista 32-bit.
require works perfectly for Lua scripts, but on attempting require
"lfs", I get this error:

C:\Lua52beta-rc7\bin\lua52: multiple Lua VMs detected
stack traceback:
     [C]: in ?
     [C]: in function 'require'
     test.lua:4: in main chunk
     [C]: in ?
Exit code: 1
Usually this error has two causes: (1) you are mixing different
versions of Lua, or (2) you are mixing code that uses Lua as a DLL
with code statically linked with Lua (in Windows).

-- Roberto

i will investigate this. i think #2 is more likely. lfs for Lua 5.2 links fine with a prebuilt rc7, so the problem is definitely on my end. Thank your for your help.

-- Mike