On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:07 PM, DAISUKE NAKAJIMA <dn97834@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for quick reply, Steve.

So can I expect this issue is resolved to some extent by this new feature?
This is a good news!

Probably a good way to confirm with this would be to try Lua 5.2 beta.

Or you can try this instead:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/EmergencyGarbageCollector

It brins emergency garbage collection capabilities to Lua 5.1 with a patch. �I tested it and it definitely helps in low memory conditions.

Best,
Bogdan

2011/7/12 steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com>
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM, DAISUKE NAKAJIMA <dn97834@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.luafaq.org/#T1.9
> 8.2.11 Emergency garbage collection
> A full garbage collection is forced when allocation fails. This is
> particularly useful in embedded devices where memory is a constrained
> resource.
>
> Is this really true?

It's definitely a feature in Lua 5.2, but not in Lua 5.1 (perhaps as
the FAQ maintainer I should make this more clear)

steve d.