On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 04:58:10PM +0200, HyperHacker wrote:
> That one can easily do it with a metatable especially
> makes me wonder why it isn't done by the library itself
If this argument were valid for coroutines, it would apply equally
to tables:  why must one say table.insert(list,item) instead of just
list:insert(item)?

To answer your question: it is not done by the library itself
_because_ one can easily do it with a metatable.

"Less is more" — Mies van der Rohe (1886–1969), architect.

Dirk