> On 06/07/2011 00:20, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> >	- '\*' ->  '\z' (so that '\punctuation' always means 'punctuation')
>
> Not sure how to interpret exactly the '\*' ->  '\z' part, but I fear
> this change will lead to non consistent behavior, as '\accent',
> '\break', '\nobreak', etc. (making these up) won't mean 'accent',
> 'break', 'nobreak'...

I am not sure we were clear about the change. The only change was that
the new escape sequence for skipping spaces now is written '\z'. There
is no new rule "\punctuation always means puntuaction". This is only a
kind of guideline for choosing escapes. Undefined escape sequences are
still undefined and should be avoided.

(But maybe I did not understand your message. What do you mean by
"non consistent behavior", when compared to how it was and to how
many other languages handle escape sequences?)

-- Roberto