Compiling LuaJIT2 beta 8 on Mac osX 10.6 using a mac mini does not seem to produce the correct files with the correct information.
I have tried plain "make" and "make TARGET_SYS=Darwin" which both seem to produce the same results, that is the dylib has the extension '.so", no version numbers are included in the dylib name, no version numbers (current, compatible) contained in the dylib macho-o header and the install name is libluajit.so

Am I missing something as I see install_name settings and the dylib extension in the makefile, for example:
TARGET_DYLIBNAME= libluajit-$(NODOTABIVER).$(MAJVER).$(MINVER).$(RELVER).dylib
and
TARGET_XSHLDFLAGS+= -install_name $(PREFIX)/lib/$(TARGET_DYLIBNAME)

Liam