> I wish with the new RC announcements would include a summary of what
> changed since the last RC. The diff doesn't help much as it doesn't
> give a lot of context and is full of minor formatting changes.

The relevant changes were:

- restrictions on labels is back to one-use-per-block. It is useful to
be able to isolate a piece of code (e.g., a state machine) inside a
pair do-end and be sure that its labels do not interfere with external
labels. For those that think that homonymous labels are confusing (with
good reason), simply do not use homonymous labels. It is easy to avoid
and easy to spot.

- ctype now tests whether the system is ASCII (#if 'A' == 65). For
ASCII systems, it uses internal tables (as in 5.2 alpha). For other
systems (namely EBCDIC), it uses the standard ctype, without changing
the locale.  (So, yes, on EBCDIC systems variables are locale
dependent...) However, for some reason the version we shipped was wrong
(it still has the setlocales), so wait for rc4.

-- Roberto