On 26/06/2011 19:52, Rebel Neurofog wrote:
If switch construction is what you need, I guess there are 2 ways:

1. Write a pointer->number hash and use it like
switch (lookup (L, lua_tostring (L, 1))) {
case 0:
case 1:
}

2. Write a patch to Lua yourself, put it somewhere into
http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaDirectory
and maintain to keep it up-to-date.

#1 is what I'm doing right now, #2 is what I'm considering to do if I can't
get it from a standard Lua API call.
You mean, you use pointer->number hash lookup, not C-string->number
like in luaL_checkoption (), right?
If yes, could could you please send out your code. I may find it very handy.

Oops, I'm not doing pointer->number hash, I don't think it works since pointers are computed during runtime. I'm doing C-string->number hash.

Cheers,

Andre