On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Gaspard Bucher <gaspard@teti.ch> wrote:
> Before I spend the next months inside a Windows VM (oh no), are there any
> options for Linux or Mac os X ?

Yes, that would be a terrible place to have to work in!

Scite Debug does actually work on Linux:

http://luaforge.net/projects/scitedebug/

This project needs some updating, but it does the job.

For OS X, the trouble is that SciTE is a GTK+ application. People have
got SciTE working, but it's a bit of a mission.  Neil Hodgson (SciTE's
creator) is working on a native SciTE for OS X, which will be cool but
probably not free. It will support the same Lua extension model, so
scite-debug would still work.

I aim to get out a new version of lua-gdb soon (works in Emacs).  The
trouble is that my priorities are not necessarily the most useful ones
;)

steve d.