> All feedback welcome. Thanks.

Thank you for the introduction of bit32.extract and bit32.replace
functions in Lua 5.2.0-beta, like I had asked for.
Now it is possible for me to deprecate my custom "bit" library, since
there is now a standard one-to-one replacement.

I noticed a documentation incompleteness for both bit32.extract (n,
field, width) and bit32.replace (n, v, field, width).
Looking in the code, the width parameter is optional and defaulting to
1 (which is good), but the documentation doesn't mention it.