On 20/06/2011 14.17, David Kastrup wrote:
steve donovan<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com>  writes:

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Philippe Lhoste<PhiLho@gmx.net>  wrote:
made a typo and intended to write stdout... (interpolated on the fly to "as
a means to debug"!).

Full regexps are not a means to debug ;)

Despite my Irish roots, I'm not keen either on stout or regexps...

St Patrick drove off the snakes from Ireland, and he probably would have
taken to regexps as well, had they been around at that time.

Oh well, nowadays St.Patrick would probably have had a bad time, since PCRE-like regexps are way too common (more than snakes, anyway - at least in urban context :-)