On 16/06/2011 20:21, Kev Lugli wrote:
Hi, maybe it's a silly question, but I'd like to know how to declare
for example a function using a variable in its name. For example:

base = 'f'
base..'inal' = 'result'
^
^
Where "base" is a variable and "inal" a simple string.
The resulting variable name sould be "final".

I don't know your purpose (or your level at Lua or programming in general), but I saw many times this question asked by beginners (in Java!) where they really wanted arrays or, at best, associative arrays. Both are simple tables in Lua.

local base = {}
base['final'] = 'result'
print(base.final)

Sorry if I am off-base.