On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 3:18 PM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've also seen {foo()...,bar()} suggested as a syntax, which is better
> IMHO because semi-colons are usually just alternative list separators.

Yes, this was my suggestion from a couple of years ago:

As well as not breaking existing code, I also think it is a better
idea because it could be used anywhere you have a comma-separated list
of values (function call parameters, etc.), rather than only table
constructors.

-Duncan