What's the draw to Netbeans? I don't have any particular experience with it, but I get the impression from what I read that its strength is developing JavaEE web applications.

I did have some Java chops a couple of years ago, but taking on an additional project is probably not wise for me to do - half-done ones litter my hard drive like blunted, unfinished swords in a chaotic smithy.

Best of luck!
-Cameron Seebach