On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:
> Does LuaRocks still pass the wrong parameters to the compiler and thus
> fail to build half the packages correctly if you're on something other
> than 32 bit x86?

Ah, the -fPIC wars - it's mostly over. Every now and then one hits an
old-fashioned makefile that hasn't kept ahead with the times, but
things are starting to get really smooth.

> What I would find *very* useful is a tool to convert rocks into Debian
> packages.

Don't tempt me with interesting projects ;)

>  I really don't like having multiple package managers running
> on the same system at the same time :)

Yes, it is an issue. For instance, Debian already packages
luafilesystem and luasocket, but LR does not recognize these.  We need
a kind of 'fake' rock which acts as a proxy for a particular package.

steve d.