Will Metcalf wrote:
> Has anybody out there had luck compiling LuaJIT on Solaris 11? Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.  If I use the default make file and
> the Solaris linker I get the following error:
>
> [...]
> ld: fatal: file /usr/sfw/lib/gcc/i386-pc-solaris2.11/3.4.3/crtbegin.o;
> section [7].eh_frame and file lj_vm_dyn.o; section [9].eh_frame have
> incompatibile attributes and cannot be merged into a single output
> section
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Apparently the Solaris linker is too stupid to combine read-only
and read-write sections. And crtbegin.o uses a writable .eh_frame
section (which is a big security hole).

Anyway, I've added a workaround to LuaJIT git HEAD. Thank you for
the report!

> If I use the GNU version of ld via LD_ALTEXEC it dies almost immediately:
>
> [...]
> /usr/sfw/bin/gld:built in linker script:21: syntax error
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

That looks more like a configuration mishap.

--Mike