I'm blocked, and working late night doesn't help....

i have a C library that defines a struct, with constructor functions
that return pointers to newly allocated structs, and other method
functions that take a pointer to the struct as the first parameter.  a
very common C API style.

to access using LuaJIT's FFI, i define a metatype on the struct, but
when i get a ctype with the struct pointer from C, it doesn't seem to
be associated with the metamethods.  I've tried dereferencing the
pointer i get, or doing an ffi.cast() to the same struct pointer, and
several combinations of cast+dereference, but just don't get it.

am i missing something obvious?

--
Javier