Duncan Cross wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Fabio Kaminski <fabiokaminski@gmail.com> wrote:
> > but cast from void * to char * give me a new address (pointing to
> > somewhere else) and not the same pointer:
>
> This is incorrect. What you are seeing here, when you print the
> pointer, is not the value of the pointer itself but of the FFI cdata
> object that has been allocated to house it.

Well, I guess it's probably confusing. And inconsistent with e.g.
arrays or structs, where the actual start address of the data is
shown. 64 bit integers or complex numbers already show their value
and not the (irrelevant) cdata object address, too.

I've just changed it so tostring(pointer) shows the address the
pointer points to. Much easier to spot NULL pointers, too.

--Mike