Okay I've refreshed my memory about hashing and I got your points now.  Thanks.

So back to my original question about GC moving objects.  Besides
pointers used in hash tables, I‘m also concerned about pointers inside
the frames of the call stack.  That is, there can be an unknown number
of pointers inside current activation records that also need to be
replaced.  So when the moving GC runs, it has to somehow scan the call
stack and detect then replace those pointers.

Am I correct or I'm missing something?  If I'm right, I'm still vague
about how to scan the stack in some way.

Thanks again.

Harry

--
Pan, Xingzhi