On Jun 2, 2011 10:01 AM, "Rebel Neurofog" <rebelneurofog@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/ - I suppose this may be helpful
>
> This isn't actually a library

It is, it's just distributed as source.

> but pieces of code to be put into one's
> project for fallback-functions in non-GNU systems.

It also has many implementations of POSIX functions for systems that lack them, and even standard C functions, as well as a wide range of utility functions and datatype implementations. Not to mention handy code linting and other build and release management tools. (In case you can't tell yet, I'm a big fan.)

However, as far as I know it doesn't yet have Windows Mobile support, though it does have extensive Windows support. It is a good place to add such support, as then other projects can benefit, and you don't have to maintain portability code, but you may be put off by its requirement of LGPL and/or GPL.