On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Joerg Walter <joerg-walter@gmx.de> wrote:

Tables are objects in the LUA world. I'm looking for an identifier for the C world. If I wanted to write a table traverser in LUA I would put the table itself as a key into another table to remember that this table has been visited.
I'm looking for the c/c++ equivalent: Putting the table id into an std::set.

My ideas:

1. Using the registry mechanism. But I don't know how this behaves with references on tables.

How about creating a table on the stack, adding the elements into it as if it were a set, and popping it when you're done ?