My work on an Eclipse-style Lua IDE has reached a major new milestone and I
felt it was ready for another [ann].

I am finally releasing the first 1.0 alpha versions, which I describe as
"feature complete"

The project homepage is
http://www.bitbucket.org/sylvanaar2/lua-for-idea/wiki/Home, there are
a *A LOT* of screenshots, screencasts, and the source code.

If you don't feel like trying it out, I encourage you to watch the
screencasts to get a feel for what it is like and perhaps even provide
feedback on what you see.

If you would like to try it you can use the free version of IntelliJ
http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/

You can enable the plugin by going to the File/Settings menu, then on
the Plugins tab locate and install the Lua plugin from the list of
available plugins.

(To use the debugger, remember you will need to configure a real Lua
environment, not Kahlua)

Features
--------

Debugger (Experimental)
Modules support (Experimental)
LuaDoc Highlighting and Folding (Experimental)
Lua SDK REPL Console (Experimental)
Basic Completions
Quick Documentation with Multiple documentation providers
Resolving Globals in project and libraries
Custom API Support including custom function signatures (Experimental)
Function Information via Quickhelp
Lua Standard Library Information via Quickhelp (ctrl-Q)
Highlighting of Upvalues and Fields
Goto Symbol
Safe Delete (Experimental)
Rename Identifier (Experimental)
JavaHelp For Lua 5.1
Execution in the Kahlua interpreter
Go to definition
find usages
Code formatting
Keyword completion
1 quickfix
6 code intentions
6 code inspection
Highlighting global vs local variables
Script execution and run configurations
Kahlua interpreter window for interactive script execution (REPL)
Comes with an embedded Lua compiler written in Java (Kahlua)
Structure view
Syntax checking
Syntax highlighting - including proper handling of extended syntax comments and
quotes
Customizable highlighting colors
Code folding for code blocks and comments
Brace Matching for do blocks, long strings and comments, and (, { , [
Minor feature: comment in/out.