>>> How can i get some info about installing specific application what uses
>>> dialog ncurses windows with progress bars and messages?
>>
>> You need something that opens a pseudo terminal and runs the
>> application within that.  Traditionally, such tools are called
>> "expect".  I don't know if anyone has published a working LuaExpect,
>> I'm afraid.
>
> http://www.tset.de/lpty/ ?

Thanks for posting that link Etan, I knew this module existed but I
couldn't remember the name and searches only turned up lexpect from
lua-gdb. I've now added a page to the wiki which links to both
implementations (yeah I know the page is kind of small, if anyone knows
of similar tools please add them!). Hopefully next time I'm wondering
what lpty was called again Google will have indexed this page:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaExpect