On 18 May 2011, at 08:21, Patrick Donnelly wrote:

> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Isaac Gouy <igouy2@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> The current maintainer is the same person who included LuaJIT 5 years ago, and happily publicised LuaJIT.
>
> You keep saying that like it matters. How much publicity do you think
> LuaJIT gave the benchmarks?
>
> Stupid questions. Stop acting like they did Mike a favor.

Common guys, we should thank Isaac and all involved in the Benchmarks Game.
And sure, they did us all a big favor.

I can perfectly understand that Isaac does not want to maintain hundreds of language implementations, keeping them up to date and perhaps having to patch benchmarks is certainly a tedious task.

Perhaps it would be more useful to have some community oriented "forks".
The Python community is going to have a speed.pypy.org instance at speed.python.org eventually.

Perhaps, someone interested would run a small set of languages to compare Lua implementations with other a few other languages. Just a small subset of the current Benchmarks Game. C, Java/Hotspot, and the various Lua implementations for the various platforms.

That would certainly be more interesting than to criticize Isaac for his good work...

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr