On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 18:02, Isaac Gouy <igouy2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Tue, 5/17/11, Leo Razoumov <slonik.az@gmail.com> wrote:
> -snip-
>
>> According to ATS's
>> own web-site
>> http://www.ats-lang.org/CHANGELOG/changelog.html the
>> implementation
>> was not updated since 2007.
>

> You seem not to have read that web page - scroll down
>
> (There have been 5 releases in the last 12 months.)

My bad. I am too accustomed to Changelog files that are in "normal"
reverse chronological order. But the fact remains the same: Languages
at the bottom of performance ladder (e.g. Ruby) has no problems
getting represented by two implementations (Ruby-1.9 and JRuby) while
the best performing dynamic language implementation gets axed. I have
hard time understanding the logic behind it unless maintaining LuaJIT
is too time consuming.
BTW, how much extra work is it to maintain LuaJIT in addition to Lua?
Is Lua and LuaJIT benchmark code essentially the same?

--Leo--