I wonder if anyone can help, and if I’m asking in the wrong place, firstly my apologies, and secondly, please let me know where I should be asking.

The situation I have is that Lua is being used to provide a scripting interface to a larger app.  The Lua interpreter is embedded in the application, and loads lua files at startup.

I’d like to be able to ask the application to reload a particular (or all) files.
I suspect that I’m looking in all the wrong places, but is there a lua function to “reload myself”?
I’d then do something like:

If (newer_version_of_file_exists) ; then
        Reload_self
End
When a certain trigger was passed to the (Lua) program.
This would be very useful as the app takes a while (up to an hour) to startup.
Thanks
Graham Nicholls

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information. It is intended solely for the ordinary user of the e-mail
address to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete this
message. Any unauthorised use or dissemination of this message in
whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise stated, any
views expressed are those of the individual sender and not of FTSE. FTSE does not guarantee
that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that
this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.

FTSE is a limited liability company registered
in England and Wales under registered number 03108236 with its
registered office at 12th Floor, 10 Upper Bank Street, Canary Wharf,
London, E14 5NP.

FTSE's VAT number is: GB 740 4594 35.

For further information about FTSE visit
http://www.ftse.com