On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 12:01:39AM +0200, Tim Mensch wrote:
> Ahh, got it, thanks. Didn't occur to me because I'm not fond of sending
> nil arguments explicitly.

If there is a feature in some programming language that may cause
hard-to-find bugs, there are three possible approaches:
    1. Write your programs so that they avoid that feature.
    2. Use it, but carefully document it each time so that when
        you next work on the the program, you're warned.
    3. Use it, and rely on your virtuosity as a real expert to
        be able to do without comments.

In addition, if the language is Lua, try to start a debate on lua-l on
how the language should be changed to make the feature less hazardous.

Dirk