On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez
<javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Peter Cawley <lua@corsix.org> wrote:
>> As LuaJIT supports MSVC just fine, and you're on Windows, why are you
>> using Cygwin?
>
> can't speak for the original poster; but there are lots of reasons to
> prefer one compiler over another.

Indeed, and since I posed the question, perhaps there will be a
response with the specific reasons. From the explicit mention of
adding gcc and make to cygwin, I got the (perhaps mistaken) impression
that the OP isn't regularly using cygwin to build things on Windows.

The compatibility chart on the LuaJIT site states that cygwin is
supported for x86 Windows, but not x64 Windows. Also, as MSVC/EE
doesn't come with a 64-bit compiler, that isn't supported on x64
Windows.