2011/4/29 Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us>:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:54:45 +0200, Jerome Vuarand wrote:
>
>> You can add NoSQL databases with a selectable scripting language to
>> your list. I've been happily using CouchDB with a Lua backend.
>
> Is it Open Source? I know people would be interested in a CouchDB
> View Server in Lua, especially if it uses erlua.

The code is far from production ready, but feel free to use it in
whatever way you want.

My view server code is roughly based on stuff I found on the Internet.
It's not complete, it's only handling map commands (but that was
enough for my views). It's not hosted anywhere, so I attached it to
this email. For examples of uses, you can see the following script
that injects the view code into my server :

http://hg.piratery.net/movies/src/tip/couchdb-create-design.lua

It uses a CouchDB high level interface in Lua (to be able to use a
database like a big Lua table) with a custom http client library :

http://hg.piratery.net/movies/src/tip/couchdb.lua
http://hg.piratery.net/movies/src/tip/http.lua