On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 20:26, Justin Cormack
<justin@specialbusservice.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 18:01 +0200, Pierre Chapuis wrote:
>> Redis (http://redis.io) is going to integrate Lua to let users define
>>  custom procedures.

>>  @antirez: the time to try scripting in a Redis branch has come... [1]
>>  @antirez: I waited to have a more solid idea of the cluster
>>  architecture,
>>            but once I'll get some free time I'll create a 'lua' branch
>>  and try

> As far as I am aware this would be the second NoSQL database to
> integrate Lua as a scripting language, most of them chose Javascript.
> The other one I know of is Kyoto Tyrant which embeds it for complx
> operations over the network api http://1978th.net/kyototycoon/luadoc/

That's actually two different DBs — Kyoto Tycoon and Tokyo Cabinet
(which allows Lua as well, on server-side).

Also, Redis-based Alchemy Database:

http://code.google.com/p/alchemydatabase/

Alexander.

P.S. I suggest that interested members of the community will step up
and participate in the discussion of the Lua integration in the Redis
ML:

http://groups.google.com/group/redis-db/browse_thread/thread/8f32bc241a3a574e