Dear list,

After finally finishing my rockspec for it after three years of dusting (it was
finished in April 2009, but has never been announced anywhere), I have been
suggested to announce my bencode module to this list as well.

Bencoding is part of the bittorrent protocol and the format in which .torrent
files are encoded. The format itself is very similar to a lua table (just
without the fancy stuff like userdata, which is why I ignore these things and
throw an error error, but all the "standard" types are there). So what it does
is - as you might have guessed - parsing a bencoded string into a table and
backwards again, throwing errors at any possible occasion.

The closest thing to a homepage would be it's bitbucket page, which can be found
at [1].

It can now be installed from luarocks as well.

The library itself is complete (I think), an additional mktorrent implementation
is on my TODO-list for the examples/ directory (so there's actually something
useful based on it).

Feedback and patches welcome! You can either send them via mail (for instance if
you don't have a bitbucket account and don't want to sign up for reporting a
minor bug) or put them on the issue tracker[2].

Best regards,

Moritz

[1] https://bitbucket.org/wilhelmy/lua-bencode/
[2] https://bitbucket.org/wilhelmy/lua-bencode/issues/