On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:25:44AM +0200, steve donovan wrote:

> Well, split() is certainly not a standard Lua function - arguably it
> should be,
I would oppose that argument.  It's a lazy solution in some special
(though admittedly common) cases, but using it delays the rate at
which you master Lua patterns.

I knew Python before I learnt Lua, but I'm trying hard to forget it.
It makes me walk around the block instead of taking the shortcut.

Problem       -->    Python solution
   V                       V
Lua solution  <--  Python-to-Lua thinking

Dirk