On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:25:44 +0200, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>Well, split() is certainly not a standard Lua function - arguably it
>should be, but there's code on the Wiki for it.

That figures: www.lua-users.org/wiki/SplitJoin

To keep things simple, I copied strsplit() into funcs.lua and imported
the script through dofile():
dofile("funcs.lua")
execs = io.open("execs.txt","r")
while true do
	libs = strsplit(",",libs)

However, strsplit() uses strfind() which triggers this error: "attempt
to call global 'strfind' (a nil value)".

Does Lua require some extra step when importing code from external
scripts, eg. namespace issue or something?