I'm doing some work that requires Lua 2.5, and upgrading is not an option.  Lua 2.5 uses single-precision floats to represent its numbers, but I need it to use double-precision instead.

I've looked through the code of Lua 2.5 and it appears that changing the representation of numbers is much more involved than simply changing a config file (as one can do in more recent versions of Lua).

Does there exist a version of Lua 2.5 suitably modified to use double-precision floats?

Many thanks,
Brad Larsen