On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 10:34 +0200, Michal Kolodziejczyk wrote:
> On 13.04.2011 09:45, Michal Kolodziejczyk wrote:
>
> > BTW, which lqt/qt versions are needed for this script to run? I have qt
> > 4.7.2 and currtent lqt from github, and get following error (on linux):
>
> Sorry, this error was for qt 4.7.2 and lqt from github as of 20110308,
> and for the current lqt I just get a SIGSEGV.

Could you send me a backtrace and the code that caused it? You can get
the backtrace by compiling lqt in debug mode:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug /path/to/lqt

In order to get it into GDB, it requires some tweaking - you have to
recompile Lua with the -pthread flag, because the Qt shared libraries
use pthread and GDB fails when multithread support is requested after
the program start.

In my case, I edited src/Makefile to the following:

linux:
	$(MAKE) all MYCFLAGS=-DLUA_USE_LINUX MYLIBS="-Wl,-E -ldl -lreadline
-lhistory -lncurses -pthread"

Then, compile Lua and run with the debug lqt libraries:

$ gdb --args lua test_program.lua
(gdb) r
... program crashes ...
(gdb) bt full