011/4/13 Mike Pall <mikelu-1104@mike.de>:
> I don't think it makes sense to extend the classic Lua/C API.

hmmm... it is difficult to discuss when no arguments are given... :-)

My idea was is that you if you choose to use cdata to represent your
objects you will never have a chance to pass them to a function
written in C because there are no APIs in the C side.

You may argue that you don't need C anymore because LuaJIT2 is soooo
good but I believe the world is not yet ready to abandon C... :-)

Francesco