On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Sam Roberts <vieuxtech@gmail.com> wrote:
> Btw, I'd merge in parts of your binding, but it doesn't quite work for us:

well, having a user is a big incentive to improvement.

> - it has no copyright info

that one is easy, i'll add it.  of course, all my published Lua work
is MIT licensed

> - it errors instead of returning nil,emsg (its easier to wrap in
> assert when you want to error than wrap in pcall when you don't)

i usually agree with you... don't remember why i chose to do that way.
i'll check tonight and have some answer

> And as a minor nit, it has a bunch of C code to implement loop with
> callbacks from C which can be written in pure lua easily on top of
> cap:next().

that's because of my order of preferences:

1: pure Lua
2: pure C
3: complex things in Lua with a couple of localized things in C
4: big, complex package with parts in Lua and parts in C

of course, now there's the temptation of doing everything with FFI....

--
Javier