Thanks to all the great feedback I have been getting, I decided since
my last post to keep my Lua plugin in development a bit longer.

Since it has been a couple months since my last announcement, I
thought I would announce version 0.9.90 of my Lua plugin for IntelliJ
IDEA (similar IDE to Eclipse)

I'd really love some more feedback, so if you have a chance please
give the latest version a try and let me know what you like/don't like
and/or how I can make the IDE better; Also, ways to make the
documentation and instructional materials better.

I now have a collection of screencasts showing various features of the
editor. [1]

I am still working on the debugger feature. It is still planned,
though I have found most of my users are embedded Lua users and don't
have much use for an interactive debugger outside their embedded
environment.

Information:

If you would like to try it out, there is a free version of IntelliJ 10 [2]

Setup:

There are loads of pictures and a setup screencast on the wiki page [3]

The plugin is available within the IDE itself. (Settings|Plugins).
Once you have installed IntelliJ and the Lua plugin, you can follow
the screencast for a walk-through of setting up a Lua project.

Features:

LuaDoc Creation, Highlighting and Folding
Live Templates ("Zen Lua")
Custom API Support including custom function signatures and documentation
Lua Standard Library Information via Quickhelp (ctrl-Q)
Goto Symbol
Safe Delete (Experimental)
Rename Identifier (Experimental)
JavaHelp For Lua 5.1
Go to definition
find usages
Code formatting
Speculative completion as an option (Settings|Lua)
Code completion
1 quickfix
6 code intentions
6 code inspection
Script execution and run configurations
Kahlua REPL Console
Lua REPL Console
Structure view
Syntax checking
Highlighting of Upvalues, Parameters and Fields
Highlighting global vs local variables
Customizable Syntax highlighting
Code folding for code blocks and comments
Brace Matching for do blocks, long strings and comments, and (, { , [
Minor feature: comment in/out.

[1] http://bitbucket.org/sylvanaar2/lua-for-idea/wiki/Screencast_Collection
[2] http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/free_java_ide.html
[3] http://bitbucket.org/sylvanaar2/lua-for-idea/wiki/Home